Pinwheel Rose of Erin Crochet Doily Pattern
Rose of Erin : This pattern contains directions to crochet the doily pictured. This doily made in 15, 18 or 20 inches, depending upon materials, featuring a delightful changing pattern. Look closely and you'll see the central pinwheel (or perhaps whirlwind) motif, a circle of raised rosettes, lacy spiderweb mesh, another round of pinwheels and a nicely scalloped edge. This 1950 design, which originates with Coats & Clarks, was also issued by National Needlecraft under phamphlet 390.
Materials: Choose your Thread Size:
- Using Size 50 thread and No. 12 hook, doily measures 15 inches in diameter
- Using Size 30 thread and No. 10 hook, doily measures 18 inches in diameter
- Using Size 20 thread and No. 8 hook, doily measures 20 inches in diameter
- AND CLARK'S BIG BALL MERCERIZED CROCHET, Art. B.34, Size 50: 2 balls of White.
- Milwards Steel Crochet Hook No. 12.